ELLT Teaching Assistant, Thompson Rivers University

September 2021 – December 2023

In this job I facilitated orientation of new international students to Kamloops and TRU. I would create and offer a range of events and workshops to strengthen international students competence in english. This included organizing conversation club on a weekly basis and 1 on 1 tutoring sessions with students. I addition to this I worked with instructors in the classroom and modelled activities and assignments for students.

Language Learning Centre team (All the teaching assistants)

International Student Supervisor , TRU world

May 2022 – November 2023

In this line of work I supervised groups of up to 30 international students in various settings such as in the classroom and field trips. These students were visiting Kamloops and TRU for short term exchange programs, typically 1-2 months. Occasionally, I was asked to be a substitute teacher and taught and facilitated 2 hour grammar, speaking and listening class based on previous curriculum. When asked, I assisted instructors inside and outside the classroom by modelling activities and helping with marking. The work was very rewarding as I made friends with people from across the globe that I stay in contact with to this day!

Field trip to North Barrier lake